Monday, February 28, 2005

Action Alert!

This is for those in Chattavegas. Tuesday is International Death Penalty Abolition Day and the Chattanooga chapter of TCASK will be observing it with a Write-A-Thon. We'll be meeting at 6:30 at Panera Bread on Broad Street. Please join us to write letters, get more information, or just to hang out with other human rights activists!

4 comments:

joe said...

Today's SCOTUS decision was well-timed, eh? I was actually surprised NOT to see TN among the 19 states listed that will have to stop executing juvenile felons. Lots of our neighbors will, though.

alice said...

Well-timed, indeed! People were so excited about the news, some were bouncing in their chairs! We got a lot of letters written and then I was happy to return home (for the first time since breakfast) and find that you had the election well-covered. You saved me a lot of time trying to find news!

smijer said...

Another local opinion on death penalty issues here.

alice said...

Yeah—I saw that right before I left town last week. I tried to get my fellow TCASK-ers involved in the discussion, but I guess I'm not the only one who's got too much on the agenda...