Friday, April 22, 2005

Friday Creature

A couple of days ago, I noticed this mourning dove brooding in a bush that's right outside my office kitchen window. I'm not sure how long it takes before the eggs hatch, but I'll try to get some shots of the babies when they arrive.

Have a great weekend! As always, check out the ark, and maybe I'll see some of you locals over at the Hunter this weekend.

UPDATE: Emmie came up with the answer on the incubation period for mourning doves: 14-15 days. So, hopefully I'll have some nestling pictures for next week's (or the following) Friday Creature.

Another UPDATE: Check out the awesome AF1 blog from SKB (and note the apt comment from metulj).

4 comments:

bobw said...

I've been enjoying your critters. thanks for another nice shot.

skb said...

Very nice!

alice said...

Thanks, Bob and Bubba! I'm glad you're enjoying the photos and always appreciate the kind words.

deb said...

Lovely bird! I have a resident mourning dove, too, but can never get a picture of him/her. Looking forward to seeing those eggs hatched :)