Monday, April 25, 2005

Frist

There's no doubt that he sucks at being presbyterian, but is he insane?

6 comments:

mesh said...

Not that I'm a fan of the anti-fillibuster crew, but being rejected by the PCUSA doesn't necessarily make you a sucky Presbyterian. At least I hope not.

alice said...

PCUSA? Last time I checked, all presbyterians valued ecumenical thinking. Or has the church changed that much since my association with it became more informal? Maybe it has...

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say all of them do. I do. But my point is that every Pres church that rejects Frist is a PCUSA church. Many of the things I believe have also been rejected by the PCUSA denomination. So being rejected by the PCUSA doesn't automatically make Frist a sucky Presby boy.

mesh said...

Oops. Forgot to put my name on that. Sad, what happens to me after 5 p.m.

smijer said...

If I'm not mistaken, Frist belongs to a PCUSA congregetation. So, maybe he just sucks at being PCUSA.

alice said...

Fair enough. Having been brought up in a PCUSA church, I'm not as clear on where non-PCUSA presbyterians stand on some issues, though I have to admit to being surprised that there are presbyterian churches out there that don't value ecumenical thinking.



Also, this makes me wonder why Frist claims to be a member of a PCUSA church, since he is plainly at odds with them on many issues. But maybe he is a presbyterian INO? On this issue, it would appear that even the more conservative PCA has gone on the record in opposition to such things as Frist's encouragement of those who would have the church get involved in legislative issues.