Monday, April 11, 2005

Fun with power tools

The weather doesn't get any better than what Chattanooga enjoyed over the weekend. The warm, sunny days and cool, quiet nights flew by in a flash and all too soon, it was Monday.

I went to the Hamilton County Democratic Party reorganization on Saturday and while it had a very positive outcome, it went on way too long and sucked up too much of my day. So on Sunday, I was ready to spend the whole day outdoors, and decided to start in on the springtime projects around here.

We've got a great big deck on the back of our house that needs cleaning and sealing every year, so shortly after we moved in here, we bought ourselves a pressure washer. Honestly, now that we've got it, I don't know how we ever lived without one. We use it for all sorts of things, from cleaning out the gutters to washing the mildew off of the side of the house that never gets any sun. This weekend, I used it to clean off the patio furniture (and wow, now it looks brand new!), and when I was emptying the water out of the machine after I was done, the light spray made a very pretty rainbow over my backyard.

3 comments:

smijer said...

Congratulations, by the way. Sorry I couldn't be there to support you, but my plans were made a long time ago. And the weather was awfully nice where I was, too!

Sravana said...

Pressure sprayer, huh?

Well, that's a great thing to have in an area where water shortages aren't a problem (just a note to my fellow West Staters... where shortages are a problem). I guess when I move upstate it won't be an issue, huh?



;)

alice said...

Actually, I suspect that a pressure washer might be a way to conserve water, at least for certain jobs. The pressure washer gets the job done more quickly, and since it creates a stream that is a mixture of water and air, it uses less water than a regular garden hose would use. So as long as I'm going to wash my patio furniture anyway, using the pressure washer allows me to do the job with less water (and labor) than I would have used if I had scrubbed it all with soap and a garden hose. Plus, I didn't get soap (or bleach or whatever I might have used to remove the mildew) all over my back yard.



But upstate you won't have to deal with a water shortage issue or a mildew problem, so I wouldn't worry about it. ;)