The Hunter Museum addition opened today on a chilly, very gusty morning. Emmie and I parked on the North Shore and walked across the Walnut Street Bridge to take in all the new space, which is beautiful and well designed, but we're going to wait to see the exhibits on a day when we have more time to spend.
This photo looks from the Hunter down towards the Aquarium, over the new glass pedestrian bridge. There's a lot of new public art scattered about, and all sorts of great places for walking, and for looking out on the river. I think we'll be spending quite a bit of time over there now that it's all done...
This photo looks from the Hunter down towards the Aquarium, over the new glass pedestrian bridge. There's a lot of new public art scattered about, and all sorts of great places for walking, and for looking out on the river. I think we'll be spending quite a bit of time over there now that it's all done...

2 comments:
Nice pic. I was planning to wait until Sunday but this image tells me to go right now. I always sort of dreaded the walk from the bridge up to the art district even tho it wasn't really that bad of a climb. Now I can have a cup of joe at the Stone Cup, walk the bridge, and have a refresher at Rembrandts without getting out of breath.
I would suggest going to see the Georgia OKeefe exhibit. Not sure how long it will be here but it is worth seeing.
Post a Comment