It's been a while since our faithful hound has been featured as a Friday Creature, though she has appeared several times before. This photo is from Wednesday night, the eve of Emmie's departure for her freshman year of college. I was snapping some photos in the kitchen before we went out to meet some friends for dinner and the dog didn't want to be left out, so I caught a few of her as well (she joins lots of other critters at the ark!)
We had a nice trip up to Boone, NC yesterday, and had dinner and spent the night before moving Emmie into her dorm this morning. It was fun hanging out together, just the three of us, one more time before leaving her to the great adventure that is college. I'm very proud of how she took it upon herself to finish high school on her own and then get into a great college, so while leaving may have been a tad bittersweet, it wasn't a sad thing. She's ready for this, and I think she's in a really good place.
I haven't looked at the photos I took while we were traveling over the past 48 hours yet. If anything came out well, I'll get it up this weekend... have a good one!
We had a nice trip up to Boone, NC yesterday, and had dinner and spent the night before moving Emmie into her dorm this morning. It was fun hanging out together, just the three of us, one more time before leaving her to the great adventure that is college. I'm very proud of how she took it upon herself to finish high school on her own and then get into a great college, so while leaving may have been a tad bittersweet, it wasn't a sad thing. She's ready for this, and I think she's in a really good place.
I haven't looked at the photos I took while we were traveling over the past 48 hours yet. If anything came out well, I'll get it up this weekend... have a good one!

2 comments:
Nonnie is such a cutie!
So, Alice - how are you doing with the empty nest?
{{{Hug}}}
It's only been a day so far, so the nest still has a lot of feathers floating around. I think we'll be ok, though. It's going to be a really busy fall and we'll also be considering our options for the next several decades... perhaps even set off on an adventure or two... :)
Post a Comment