Sunday, August 21, 2005

Hunter Kelly

I only just learned of the death of Hunter Kelly this morning while getting caught up on some of my favorite blogs. He lived longer than any other kid with Krabbe disease, and his parents have devoted a lot of time to raising awareness of, and money for research into, the disease. I am sorry for the Kelly family's loss and hope that they find some comfort in knowing that they've helped out countless others through their foundation and resulting screening program. Jim Kelly was one of the last great athletes to play for my favorite team before my interest in pro football was replaced by dispair over the way greed and circus freaks have taken over the game (I'll be back when the rosters are cut in half and a player's contract lasts longer than "until I can shake the fans down for even more shekels"). Jim has always been a class act and an asset to Buffalo, on and off the field.

No comments: