Tuesday, August 16, 2005

It gets under the fingernails...

In what must be a rite of passage among recent and soon-to-be empty-nesters (at least of the fairer gender), I had my first pottery class this evening. I've been wanting to do this for years, but my favorite potter has been distracted with other things lately and only just got around to offering classes again. So anyway, here's the results of my first efforts at molding clay since I gave up the playdoh a few decades ago. I guess I'm not ready to buy a potter's wheel and quit my job quite yet, but I'm well on my way. ;-D

3 comments:

smijer said...

Hey Alice, Those are beautiful hats! ;-)

alice said...

Hats! hrmm... DH had suggested dog dishes... it's academic now, though, as I folded them all back into my big brick of clay when I was done...

fletch said...

Nice work. I thought pic 1 was your dinner tho..looks like cornbread and a roll.