10K Monkeys & a Camera

Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Good Reading

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Random newsbits

Chilling stuff from rescue workers via BOING BOING.

From December, 2001.

Wikipedia is tracking the details.

UH OH.

Katrina news links from hamdems.

Pat Buchanan just announced that President Bush is derelict in his duty to protect America. Buchanan called for "some courageous Republican" to introduce a bill of impeachment.

And on othe lighter side of the news (maybe that last one should be in here):

Bush's vacation was so long... ...how long was it?

Some people get mad and some people get funny.
Posted by alice at 8/31/2005 06:25:00 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: katrina, malefactors, politics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Follow Alice's board Pinteresting! on Pinterest.

Alice's bookshelf: current

Cloud Atlas
0 of 5 stars true
Cloud Atlas
by David Mitchell
tagged: currently-reading
Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant : Confessions of Cooking for One and Dining Alone
0 of 5 stars true
Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant : Confessions of Cooking for One and Dining Alone
by Jenni Ferrari-Adler
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Hello! I'm Alice, which is my real name (most of the other names here have been changed, though, to protect the innocent). I live in an circa-100-year-old house in downtown Chattanooga, TN with my first husband, G-Dog (who is from New Canaan, CT) and a (possibly autistic) cat named Greta. Our daughter, Emmie, lives nearby, so she pops by regularly to amuse us and/or stir the pot.

I originally hale from Batavia, NY, a quiet little town in rural western New York. G-Dog and I met while attending college in Carlisle, PA, and then moved on to Chapel Hill, NC together before finally settling in Tennessee. Other places we've lived in long enough to have a mailing address include London and San Francisco.

This blog is about a lot of things -- the places I visit, food I cook, people I meet, photos I take, things I read -- with a bit of politics thrown into the mix. I'm a slow food-loving locavore; I enjoy running, biking and hiking; make my own soap, moisturizers and household cleansers; and enjoy sewing, crocheting and playing with textiles).

Search thorg.com

Blog Archive

Subscribe To

Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments

Contact:

Name

Email *

Message *

Content © Alice. Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.