The only difference is that Martha wasn't pretending that her holdings were in a blind trust. Frist might have been the biggest sleazoid in Congress if it weren't for the fact that his competition in the Ethics Olympics includes Tom DeLay.
I read, I can't remember where or I'd link, that some feel that his divestiture was more related to a desire to distance himself from HCA in the 2008 POTUS election than it was insider trading as such. HCA has a lot of baggage. So it looks like, if this was the case, that his plan may have backfired somewhat, if people can make a corruption allegation stick (and believe me, they will try). He may have simply swapped baggage, or there may be nothing to this. We'll just have to see.
3 comments:
Technically, Martha went to prison on Obstruction charges, I think. But this is still awfully AWFULLY fishy...
Quite right. So the difference is that Frist isn't even TRYING to cover up the fact that he's a corrupt inside trader.
I read, I can't remember where or I'd link, that some feel that his divestiture was more related to a desire to distance himself from HCA in the 2008 POTUS election than it was insider trading as such. HCA has a lot of baggage. So it looks like, if this was the case, that his plan may have backfired somewhat, if people can make a corruption allegation stick (and believe me, they will try). He may have simply swapped baggage, or there may be nothing to this. We'll just have to see.
Post a Comment