Thursday, October 27, 2005

Congrats, Chicago

Harry went down, the SOX are up -- what a news morning!

UPDATE: pink has faded to black.

6 comments:

Bill said...

It was quite the series. I had no dog in the fight, but I was kinda hoping the Astros would come back last night. Both teams were so evenly matched that it's kinda sad that they got swept. Lidge had lousy luck and the White Sox played outstanding team baseball in every area. Kudos.



Never thought Miers had much of a chance. I sometimes wonder if "W" is just screwing with everybody when he does things like nominating people that BOTH sides are going to hate. Maybe it goes back to his (mildly admirable) lack of interest in polls.



It's all exhausting, really.

Ben said...

I think that maybe W is waiting for Karl Rove to be indicted by the Plame Leak grand jury and then nominate him.....just kidding. But it would be just like this administration make another bone-headed nomination.



The fouth game of the series was just awesome. The last two outs were dramatic. I am glad I stayed up to watch.

alice said...

I didn't get to watch the series, but I was rooting for the Sox. A dear college friend has been a die-hard fan his whole life and I have great memories of watching Sox games together when we were in school. (And, coming from Buffalo Bills country as I do, I like to see long-suffering fans get tossed a bone once in a while.)

Bill said...

It's funny that the Red Sox (no titles since 1918) and the White Sox (no titles since 1917) won the last two years...

alice said...

Time for the Cubbies next?

Bill said...

T'would be nice... I like to watch fans freak out. And since I got my wish last year, and the White Sox got theirs this year, it only seems fitting that it should happen to Cubs fans...