Ouch. Maybe we can convince him. Or maybe he just wants to focus on what he's doing now instead of constantly having his plans for the future questioned, so he's trying to make the speculation stop without actually ruling out a run...
"He's been strongly against the war since the beginning," a big Dem donor who is hoping to convince Gore to run told me, "and with gas prices going through the roof and killer hurricanes wreaking havoc, he's the gold standard on global warming, alternative energy, and the environment. What's not to like?"
And Lawrence Bender, who after producing "Kill Bill" is now producing what I hear is a killer documentary featuring Gore and his fight to get our country to take action on global warming, told me that the former VP "would be a hell of a candidate. Unlike 2000, he's now clearly very comfortable in his own shoes. Bold, passionate, committed, and very funny. It's been amazing working with him."
I just dont believe that Gore has the personality to win the presidency, though I support some of his politics.
My dream ticket would be a McCain/Powell, but since that wont happen I would really like a McCain/Obama ticket - that would be amazing, especially if they could pull away a few members of the house and senate to start a moderate party
I don't think McCain is in the race anymore. He's getting up there in years, but more importantly, he's spent a lot of time carrying water for an adminstration that brutally swift-boated him in the primary. Every time they get into trouble, they trot out McCain, and most of the time, he doesn't disappoint...
Yes- Gore/Obama!!! The tide of opinion is shifting in regard to Gore- people are seeing him for what he really is; a thoughtful visionary willing to make some real changes. And Obama is sharp and charismatic. This would be a dynamite ticket- both realistically winable AND inspiring!
7 comments:
Dayyamn! I wish. I'd settle for Bayh/Obama. Or hell, McCain/Obama...
Bummer! This doesn't look promising...
yahoo news
Ouch. Maybe we can convince him. Or maybe he just wants to focus on what he's doing now instead of constantly having his plans for the future questioned, so he's trying to make the speculation stop without actually ruling out a run...
There's this from the Huffington Post:
"He's been strongly against the war since the beginning," a big Dem donor who is hoping to convince Gore to run told me, "and with gas prices going through the roof and killer hurricanes wreaking havoc, he's the gold standard on global warming, alternative energy, and the environment. What's not to like?"
And Lawrence Bender, who after producing "Kill Bill" is now producing what I hear is a killer documentary featuring Gore and his fight to get our country to take action on global warming, told me that the former VP "would be a hell of a candidate. Unlike 2000, he's now clearly very comfortable in his own shoes. Bold, passionate, committed, and very funny. It's been amazing working with him."
I just dont believe that Gore has the personality to win the presidency, though I support some of his politics.
My dream ticket would be a McCain/Powell, but since that wont happen I would really like a McCain/Obama ticket - that would be amazing, especially if they could pull away a few members of the house and senate to start a moderate party
I don't think McCain is in the race anymore. He's getting up there in years, but more importantly, he's spent a lot of time carrying water for an adminstration that brutally swift-boated him in the primary. Every time they get into trouble, they trot out McCain, and most of the time, he doesn't disappoint...
Yes- Gore/Obama!!! The tide of opinion is shifting in regard to Gore- people are seeing him for what he really is; a thoughtful visionary willing to make some real changes. And Obama is sharp and charismatic. This would be a dynamite ticket- both realistically winable AND inspiring!
Gore/Obama!! Popular & Fresh (or "POP N' FRESH")....just the ticket!
Post a Comment