Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Bush Ashamed of the Bible?

Arianna is amazed that Bush "wants us to buy that he's never even heard of, let alone thought about the biblical implications of terrorism in relation to the apocalypse." John wonders if Bush was caught taking his supposed faith less than seriously.

I never believed Bush's religious claims to begin with (for Bush -- and Zach Wamp, too -- the late-in-life conversion seems too much like a political convenience to explain away earlier bad behavior) so all I'm surprised about is that he got so sloppy.

3 comments:

Scott said...

I've never really believed your religious claims, either. I'm just waiting for people to find me out, too. The fact of the matter is that we're all frauds, all fakers, all fallen. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23). We never measure up. On our own we can't make it. If God can convert a man like Paul, who was hell bent on the destruction of the church, then the likes of George Bush and Zack Wamp are certainly not beyond his grace.

fletch said...

Remember, you're living in a town where in the past the main newspaper has quoted scripture to back up its opinions on the editorial page. Buddha help us.

alice said...

At least some Chattagnooga Christians actually walk the walk. What has Bush ever done besides giving lip service to the the talk?