Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Earth Day

If you can find it. McJoan went looking but didn't find much. I was swamped and didn't even get this post up until Sunday morning. I remember when Earth Day used to be a big event, with parades and street fairs and all sorts of fun, but I don't know of anything that was scheduled this year (at least, not here in Chattanooga), even though it fell on a Saturday. Did I miss a memo, or were we all too busy working an extra job to pay for the next tank of gas?

1 comment:

Tree said...

In Belgium Earthday wasn't forgotton. With the theme "Bring live in your community" all environmental movements joined forces and organised lots of local events with the intention to put environmental issues on the local political agendas.

Next to that these organisations made a book with very useful and helpful information on how local politics can help to improve our environment and they offered to help out and cooperate with the municipal authorities during the next governing board period.

I sure hope it was you who missed the memo, Alice. .. we got to have a global Earthday, right?!