Here's another cool Otto Wagner building in Vienna, the Postsparkasse.
We went by the morning after we saw the Wagner Apartments, on our way to the nearby MAK, which we visited primarily to see Secession art (I was pleasantly surprised to find a piece by Margaret McDonald Macintosh there), but I also enjoyed seeing the furniture and panels from David Roentgen. From there, we went over to the Belvedere (below), to see the Gustav Klimt collection. We finished up that day at the Museum of Fine Arts (highlights there included Brueghel and Caravaggio's David with the Head of Goliath).
We ran out of time, so we didn't get to follow our thread through to see the actual Secession Building and Klimt's Beethoven Frieze until the end of the week (where my luck with [a lack of] light on buildings continued, as you can see). This building also serves as the companion to the bookend I mentioned in yesterday's post.
We went by the morning after we saw the Wagner Apartments, on our way to the nearby MAK, which we visited primarily to see Secession art (I was pleasantly surprised to find a piece by Margaret McDonald Macintosh there), but I also enjoyed seeing the furniture and panels from David Roentgen. From there, we went over to the Belvedere (below), to see the Gustav Klimt collection. We finished up that day at the Museum of Fine Arts (highlights there included Brueghel and Caravaggio's David with the Head of Goliath).
We ran out of time, so we didn't get to follow our thread through to see the actual Secession Building and Klimt's Beethoven Frieze until the end of the week (where my luck with [a lack of] light on buildings continued, as you can see). This building also serves as the companion to the bookend I mentioned in yesterday's post.



No comments:
Post a Comment