According to the Washington Times, the US is disliked more than ever by people around the world. But from what I've seen on my recent trip to Vienna and in past annual trips to Europe, it's not the US, or Americans, who are hated -- at least in Europe, anyway -- it's Bush that they can't stand.
These posters were plastered all over the subways and streets of Vienna last week. They refer to Bush's plans to attend an EU Summit in Vienna on June 21st (I do hope he's not expecting friendly crowds there).
Additionally, many of the posters provided further opportunity for locals to express themselves, resulting in a number like this one. As the week wore on, I saw fewer and fewer posters that hadn't been defaced in some way.
The mocking of Bush has even become part of corporate advertising campaigns (the inset more clearly shows the happy meeting between Bush and bin Laden):
These posters were plastered all over the subways and streets of Vienna last week. They refer to Bush's plans to attend an EU Summit in Vienna on June 21st (I do hope he's not expecting friendly crowds there).
Additionally, many of the posters provided further opportunity for locals to express themselves, resulting in a number like this one. As the week wore on, I saw fewer and fewer posters that hadn't been defaced in some way.The mocking of Bush has even become part of corporate advertising campaigns (the inset more clearly shows the happy meeting between Bush and bin Laden):


No comments:
Post a Comment