Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday Creature

I've posted a photo of a hooded crow before (I think Keera has as well). I really like these birds -- they're dressed up in handsome suits, they provide a marked contrast to the crows I'm used to here in the States, and they're common enough in Europe so that I can get a good look at them even on a busy day of touring.

Yes, folks, it's true: Friday has rolled around again already -- creatures are boarding the ark and the weekend fun is set to begin. I hope you have a good one!

3 comments:

Keera Ann Fox said...

Walked by one today, and it occurred to me that they are more than just black and gray. The head is so incredibly richly black, whereas the black on the body is duller. So the bird actually looks three-toned.

alice said...

I see what you mean. If I'm not mistaken, every once in a while, that hood takes on a bit of iridescent quality as well.

Keera Ann Fox said...

It does look like it could, but doesn't. It remains the blackest black, like looking at obsidian. Magpies, the other common crow bird around here, do have iridescence in their black feathers.