Monday, June 12, 2006

Moving Maybe?

We got an offer on our house today. We countered, and expect to nail down a deal tomorrow. Then the moving fun starts. We don't know where we're moving to yet, so the next month is going to be kinda nuts and posting might get a bit sporadic at times. Please bear with me -- I'll be trying to avoid becoming homeless...

UPDATE (on Tuesday): our counter offer was accepted. We're out of here. Anyone got an empty guest room? ;-D

8 comments:

fletch said...

Congratulations. I once put my home on the market thinking no one would buy at my price. I was wrong. I kept thinking, "That wasn't supposed to happen. Now what am I gonna do?"

alice said...

Heh. Yeah -- that's about right. It's very hard to move gracefully when you can only afford one house at a time. I don't know if we're going to rent for a while, impose on friends, get one of those extended stay suites, or maybe get really, really lucky and work out a deal on a purchase in time to move from this house into another...



One way or another, we're going to have an adventure...

Nathan said...

Congrats! I hope you guys find a great house!

smijer said...

Well good luck - Hope you buy quick before interest rates get any worse.. & hope you find the dream house while you're at it.

alice said...

I'm not sure which would be smarter at this point: a) buying quick before Bush screws up the economy even more than he has already; or b) sitting out of the market for a little while to see if this bubble everyone keeps talking about really exists.



If we find something we absolutely love we'll go with option a. Otherwise, option b sounds good too.

Keera Ann Fox said...

I do, but it's a bit far afield. :-) Anyway, congrats on selling, and good luck with the next place!



(We're waiting for the bubble to burst here where I live, too. It's just stopped expanding.)

fletch said...

I'll be locking up my condo in Gatlinburg week after next working on the road a while. It's got everything you need for survival, ie.. big screen with remote, dvd, washer/dryer, central air, nice kitchen. I'll even leave the cable internet on for ya.

alice said...

Keera, fletch -- those are such very tempting offers, but the commutes would be long and we can't give up our day jobs. Thanks for the generosity.