Monday, June 5, 2006

MQ, Schonbrunn & Parliament



I'm just about done with photos from Vienna (I'll be going out with a bang tomorrow), and there's not a whole lot to connect these last few.

There's a cool hangout in the square at the center of the Museumsquartier where I caught this juggler while we were on our way from the Leopold (with an incredible exhibit featuring Klimt and Schiele) to the Museum of Modern Art (which was mostly pretty weird -- some was pretty damn disturbing -- but there was a cool Paul Klee painting called "the scarecrow"). I took some photos of the museums but they didn't end up being all that interesting, whereas this guy offers some sense of the atmosphere there.








You can click on this image of Schönbrunn Palace to get the full shot -- there was just no way to fit it all into a normal frame (we spent and evening there for a tour, dinner and a concert).

And finally, I didn't get a photo that did the Austrian Parliament justice (there was too much wiring and other urban clutter gunking up all my shots), but I did get a few photos of the remarkable statuary, including this shot, which would probably give John Ashcroft (a stunted man who appears to live in mortal fear of having an erection) a stroke.



No comments: