Here's the last Friday Creature from the old digs. I think it's fitting that I should end with my old friend, the pileated woodpecker (or should I say my nemisis, since I never did a good photo of the bird?) the woodpecker -- this one's a flicker, spotted just a few days ago as I was getting the last few things out of the house. This one looks like maybe it's a juvenile. Perhaps it showed up to say goodbye.
Sorry for the late posting. I haven't had a clue what day it is, all week long. Have a great weekend, and check out some other varmints over on the Friday Ark!
Sorry for the late posting. I haven't had a clue what day it is, all week long. Have a great weekend, and check out some other varmints over on the Friday Ark!

4 comments:
Judging by the pattern on the wing, this looks more like a Flicker to me.
Damn, you're right. Those damn woodpeckers are mocking me right to the end...
According to a book I have, woodpeckers are an Aries bird. So what's up with the Ram in your chart?
Eh?
Post a Comment