Thursday, August 17, 2006

James "God Told Me To Hate You" Dobson to tour TN

Seriously, why do people revere this guy? Hate, hate and more hate -- that's what he's selling. Plus, he believes in beating children. And now he's coming to Tennessee to try to stir up more hate. Hopefully, there will be protests.

In other news, I'm through with the moving of stuff and have finished cleaning out the old house. The new digs are a mess, but as of today, I have internet and the dog has a dog door. Whoo-hoo!

6 comments:

fletch said...

internet and a dog door...I'll have to add those to my list of mankind's greatest inventions, along with the TV remote control and central heat/air.

Keera Ann Fox said...

Simply put: Either you see the world as divided or you see it as one. You know, the yin-yang thingy, where most people easily see the white blob and the black blob and ooh, they fit together in a circle! neat! And not many notice/know the significance of the black dot in the white blob and vice-versa, or the significance of the circle: The universe, by its nature, is one. And the universe being one (it's _all_ good/the other morons are just like me) scares the shit out of some people, so they make up opposites/opposing forces to justify their fear. Or am I overthinking this? BTW, those other morons aren't a thing like me.

Tim said...

I could be wrong, but I think you're overestimating Tennessee when it comes to standing against people such as Dobson. He'll be considered a hero there, unfortunately.

alice said...

1) I'm not sure who loves the dog door more -- me or the dog. I definitely dig the internet more than she does, though -- I don't think she can really wrap her head around the concept, to be honest. She probably thinks it's just a bunch of tubes.



2) Heh. Those other morons sure are insecure. ;-)



3) I keep hoping Tennesseans (and people in general) will either a) overcome their sad lack of education and find a better hero, or b) get sick of the guy and and/or see him for the greedy, hateful control freak that he is.

glenH said...

I visited your blog because its friday and you always have a great picture posted. Today though, its the ugly touring monkey show. For once I am grateful you didn't post a friday pic.

regards

alice said...

Gah! I totally forgot! I'm so dyschronicized, I don't know what day it is! I'll get something up ASAP... it is, after all, still Friday...