This has been one of my favorite birds ever since my family's summer trips to the beach when I was a kid (we always stayed in the same little house near the bird sanctuary in Stone Harbor, NJ). The Snowy Egret looks so soft and moves with such deliberation and elegance. It's a beautiful bird.
While you're thinking about creatures, check out the first Friday Ark of the new year. And as always, have a wonderful weekend. It's shaping up to be a wet, dreary one here, but I might make it out to an auction on Sunday...
While you're thinking about creatures, check out the first Friday Ark of the new year. And as always, have a wonderful weekend. It's shaping up to be a wet, dreary one here, but I might make it out to an auction on Sunday...

4 comments:
Fluffy!
Agreed. Beautiful bird. I'd rather have that on my lawn than a pink flamingo.
If only I could get close enough to some of the more elusive birds around here, I could give you some great Friday Creatures. I'm not that fast, though. :(
A good zoom lens would help out a lot. I've been saving up for one for a while (well, for a camera that can switch out lenses first, and also a zoom lens), but well... you know how that kind of thing goes... you get a little bit ahead and then the car blows a gasket...
Post a Comment