Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Creature

I went kind of nuts this week, and bring you the birds of Turkey (or at least the ones I was able to capture).

Today's Friday Ark is a special Iowa Flooding Edition. It's going to be a rough weekend around Cedar Rapids, and I hope for the best. I wish we could volunteer to take the rain hit for them, as we're still sitting in a drought down here.

As always, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy and be safe!


I saw storks quite often -- they are pretty common and widespread, on the west coast, anyway. They're beautiful, elegant birds.

While I was trying to get a good image of the storks, I lucked into capturing this bird of prey.


Swallows -- first the adult (above) and then some nestlings (below).











And finally, as though she'd been plucked out of Mary Poppins, here is a bird woman on Beyazit Square, just outside Istanbul University.


2 comments:

Chris in Happy Valley said...

Beautiful shots. Since moving to Oz, where there's a glut of bird life, I've become quite the bird fancier.

Love the bird nest in a chimney!

Keera said...

You captured quite the variety! The storks fascinate me because we don't have those in Norway; they don't live north of Denmark.