Thursday, September 25, 2008

Senator Drama Queen

Wow. It's been another busy and crazy day and now I'm two days behind in reading the Internet and I'm only just finishing up the prep for tonight's dinner (is someone going to accuse me of being elitist for my continental dinner time?) -- it's chicken soup, btw -- but I've had the news on while I've been cooking and I'm shaking my head in disbelief. First of all, how does a man go, in just a few days, from claiming that the economy is fundamentally sound to marching all over Washington, DC like Chicken Little, hitting new levels of scenery munching, derailing the negotiations Congress had gotten through before his arrival politicized the whole process -- swooping in, wearing his home-made cape and superhero pajamas -- pretending to be the man who's saving the day, when he couldn't even be bothered to read the 3-page document that is central to the process?

And did McCain really think David Letterman wouldn't notice the huge lie he fed him when he begged off appearing on Late Night by claiming he was rushing off to DC -- right before doing an interview with Katie Couric?

And what the heck is up with Sarah Palin? She's starting to make Miss Teen South Carolina look like a Rhodes Scholar.

Somebody better go fetch the dart gun. I think this campaign may have just nuked the fridge.

UPDATE: most of the links have been subsequently added.

No comments: