Some days, everything just takes longer...
This morning, I wanted to whip up a quick couple of loaves of bread. [...] No hot water. So I spent a while in the basement relighting the hot water heater. I don't know why it randomly goes out, but that happens a couple of times a year.
This afternoon, I took the dog for a quick walk though the neighborhood. [...] She found one of those weeds that leaves little clingy, green, caper-sized balls all over her fur. So when we came upon a spot in the shade of a tree, we chilled for a bit, and she wiggled and rolled in the grass while I picked the burrs out of her coat.
And so on...
The good news is that it was a gorgeous day, and even though I didn't get as much done as I wanted, the dog and I had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather, and house smelled of fresh bread when we got home.
This morning, I wanted to whip up a quick couple of loaves of bread. [...] No hot water. So I spent a while in the basement relighting the hot water heater. I don't know why it randomly goes out, but that happens a couple of times a year.
This afternoon, I took the dog for a quick walk though the neighborhood. [...] She found one of those weeds that leaves little clingy, green, caper-sized balls all over her fur. So when we came upon a spot in the shade of a tree, we chilled for a bit, and she wiggled and rolled in the grass while I picked the burrs out of her coat.
And so on...
The good news is that it was a gorgeous day, and even though I didn't get as much done as I wanted, the dog and I had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather, and house smelled of fresh bread when we got home.

6 comments:
It wasn't my day either, but as I look at this poor baby I realize it could have been worse! (((hugs))) nonnie
As for the fresh bread, wish you were a close neighbor ;)
How does one whip up a quick couple of loaves? Everything I know about bread-baking suggests leaving lots of time for the dough to rise.
I know these weeds well! Cute picture...
Well, I guess I meant whip up a quick blob of dough. There is no rushing bread -- it's going to take three hours no matter what. But a good bit of that time is spent just rising. I had a lot I wanted to get done that day, and most of it was going to be done at home. I figured if I whipped up the dough real quick, I could get lots of stuff done while intermittently giving the bread some attention...
Ah, OK. I was starting to wonder if there was some kind of magic going on at your house. :-)
Well, Chez 10K *is* a magical place, but we do still follow the rules of physics when it comes to baking bread! ;-D
Post a Comment