Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Let it be known...

G-Dog has been tracking the Last Album Left Alive and has gone on the record with the following prediction:
I notice they've already eliminated albums by bands they've already covered on Halloween - Beatles, The Who, Talking Heads, VU. Obvious, but interesting that they just got rid of them right away.

Personally, I'm pulling for Ziggy Stardust. Bowie has three albums on the list (Scary Monsters, Ziggy, and Hunky Dory), which I think is more representation than any other artist has. Could be a clue. Plus, a "David Bowie" in the first set would be irresistible.

Further, Ziggy would make sense for Trey's whole "penance" thing, which seems to be a theme this year - the screwed up rock star, etc...

"He took it all too far, but boy could he play guitar..."

Plus, the breakup last (almost) "five years" - and can you imagine Page featured on "Lady Stardust"?

I'm calling this one.
I think if he calls this right, G-Dog should be treated to a trip to the show. Especially since, a number of years ago (on July 21, 2004, to be specific), G-Dog and I were hanging out in Times Square and we saw Trey was also there with his family. G-Dog was wearing a Phish shirt at the time and I was poking him and saying, "come on! go say hi -- it's Trey freakin' Anastasio!," but G-Dog was all about not bugging the guy while he was trying to enjoy an afternoon out with his family, so he never did go over. Now, how cool was that?

The photographic evidence... Trey in Times Square, July 21, 2004

PS... PLUS, there's a family connection, since my cousin Kenny ran into Trey up in SPA State Park in Saratoga Springs in 2007!

2 comments:

Julie L said...

I'm not sure if I wish I knew what this post was about...



eh... perhaps not. I have more than enough trivia in the noggin for one lifetime!

Kenmon said...

We also saw Trey buying a really fancy Subaru in our town around the same time as the park sighting. We exchanged greetings in the park.