Thursday, September 17, 2009

My brilliant daughter...

...just got a 690 verbal on the GRE.

That's right, dear reader. This is a kid who decided she didn't like high school, so she dropped out after the 10th grade and then finished on her own. She's been carrying a double major (plus two honors projects) and a mind-boggling level of activities and public service all through college, and on top of it all, she just kicked ass on a very tough exam.

Drinks are on me tonight. :-D  Sláinte!!!

9 comments:

Sloms said...

Way to go Pepper!!!!!

Sandy on Signal said...

Wow. Congratulations! Nice to hear good news like this once in awhile.

Keera said...

Congratulations to Emmie! To tell the truth, I'm not surprised she's brilliant. :-)

A Free Man said...

Damn! That's impressive.

Emmie said...

awwwww. We will have to celebrate sunday if you are around! i'm all booked up until then!

alice said...

No huge hurry -- Randy's got me scrambling to get this site out the door, so I'm having a busy weekend... which will probably continue into the week!

Julie L said...

Wow. High fives all around. I wish I'd had the nerve to drop out of HS.

alice said...

Yeah, me too. But she's always been fearless. And determined. The former can at times be scary for the onlooker, but combined with the latter, it gets stuff done.

alice said...

Free Man... I dunno why, but a couple of your comments were slow in making it to me lately... thanks for checking in, though! You know, you and Emmie were neighbors briefly, right before you left Oxford and while she was there for a summer job, so I feel like you've practically met (and surely that helped bump her score up a bit!)!