This week I give you another creature from my summer travels, and this one is a hero. My cousin's dog woke everyone up in the middle of the night last year with his barking. Turns out, an aquarium downstairs had shorted out and started a fire. It was still small and mostly just smoke and pungent odor when my cousin reached it, thanks to the dog, and no major damage was done!
Have a great weekend, everyone, and go say hi to the critters on the Ark!
Have a great weekend, everyone, and go say hi to the critters on the Ark!

4 comments:
What's the name of this wonderful hero? Who doesn't look like a youngster. How old is he?
His name is, I think, Rufus (either that or Leo -- he has a bro, and I had trouble keeping straight which is which). He actually is just a tot. He and Leo were born on born October 11, 2008 and his pic was taken in the middle of July, 2009!
What you're seeing in his face maybe isn't age, but fear/exhaustion. That was at our reunion and there were several dogs there -- the two wee ones, one lab-sized, and then one that was absolutely ginormous. The little dogs had quite the adventure that day, especially after the huge dog became interested in them...
Well, happy birthday tomorrow to Rufus & Leo! The hero is already proving himself to be a wonderful addition to the family. I wish them many happy years together.
HERO DOGGIE!!1!!!
I thought he looked old, too - seems to be some silvering of his muzzle and around his eyes in that pic.
Given that he's a chihuahua, I doubt that it's fear... they fear nothing. Exhaustion, more likely.
Post a Comment