Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Not Dead Yet!!!

OK, so I am still here. I've been very overwhelmed since earlier this summer with our sudden decision to move the (very wonderful) mother-in-law up to Tennessee from Florida, the subsequent flight/purge/pack/move, the quick trip that followed up to western New York for my family's annual reunion (and inaugural Family 5K!!), and then the mother-in-law's hospital stay (today, it's been one week and counting...), which started the day after our return from said journey.

In the meantime, I've been frustrated whenever I've posted photos because the images I've hosted on google's picasa have been showing up here on the blog with a really screwed up resolution. And I've been so busy with other things, I didn't have time to research the issue until this week. But I've resolved that problem, so I'll finally get to work on other blog to-do items (like getting the archives up, moving the images over to google, and then redirecting the domain!).

I don't know if things are going to settle down here at Chez 10K any time soon, but I can assure you that I will be devoting any spare moments I can find to getting back on top of the blogging -- starting with some way cool music in this very post, dedicated to Emmie, who (through no fault of her own) has had a really rough time of it lately, and deserves a solid:

Joan Armatrading is awesome, and this is my favorite of her many inspired songs. I'll be forever grateful to my one-time roomie, Rob, for introducing me to her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joan Armatrading rocks. I spent 50 bucks to get one of her out of print cds from ebay--and it was worth it.