Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Food Photo


I know it may not look like much (and it was hastily thrown together), but this is a significant salad. It's the first one I've ever made that was entirely composed of food we grew out in the back yard. It was a simple salad: various lettuces, a bit of bok choy, some radish greens, parsley, radishes, jalepeƱos and tomatoes. Fresh, delish, and hopefully only the first of many dishes of homegrown food!

Happy weekend, folks. It finally got cold here in Chattanooga this week and we even broke down and turned on the heat on Wednesday. Even though it's stinky, I love that hot, burning dust smell when the furnace first kicks on in the autumn. And now everything feels cozy and I think maybe it's time for some soup! Stay warm and well and wonderful, everyone!

1 comment:

Keera Ann Fox said...

You done good, Farmer Alice! Very good!

And nice to know I'm not the only one who gets a little sentimental when smelling burning dust. :-)