Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Food Photo

Happy Friday, everyone! It's a cold, rainy, gray, blustery day here in Chattanooga, but the weekend is almost here, so I'll take it! I gather from facebook that further north, the rain was (in the words of my sister) a bit whiter and fluffier than what we're getting here. It's not even Halloween yet and the first snow flurries are already flying? Yikes! I wonder what that portends for the winter?

But anyway, in anticipation of the cold weather, last week I made the sad decision that Tomato-zilla would have to be yanked up.

Tomato-zilla was a beast. A self-seeded tomato plant that took over our back yard and gave us hundreds of little cherry tomatoes over the course of the summer:


Over on the right, you can see little bursts of red. That's a poor rose bush struggling for light. Next to it is a normal size tomato plant. But everything else you see there -- from the right edge of the table over -- is all Tomato-zilla. It took me more than an hour to pull it all up and haul it away and when I was done, I was left with lots of tomatoes:


And what does one do when faced with so many green tomatoes? With all due respect to Fannie Flag, you make green tomato salsa!!! Yum!

Have a great weekend, everyone! Stay warm and jolly!


No comments: