Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Food Photo

It's NOT the Christmas season yet. Dammit. It's not! We still have my favorite holiday of the year coming up, so back off, xmas mongers!!


But, even I, Thanksgiving monger extraordinaire, have to concede that this next photo will bring a certain song to mind. I can't help it, but I'm also not going to give into it. There are certain things that only belong after we've stuffed ourselves with turkey.

That said, I have to admit, I'm developing an addiction. My friends from Tant Hill Farm first got me going on this, but once their supply ran out, the kids from the UTC Biology department have been feeding my jones. Have you ever eaten roasted chestnuts?


Oy. They are so delicious (and nutritious! and low in fat and calories!). Here's a photo of some I roasted a few nights ago. Yum. The kitchen smelled wonderful that whole evening, and we've been savoring roasted chestnuts ever since.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, everyone. And I hope that, if you have the opportunity, you'll find yourself some chestnuts. Roast them. Eat them. You'll thank me.

No comments: