Thursday, December 8, 2011

Friday and Potter

Harry Morgan, who worked as an actor for more than 50 years, died in his home yesterday at the age of 96. He played a lot of roles in his time, but two of my favorites were Colonel Potter on M*A*S*H, and Bill Gannon on Dragnet. The former was my favorite show for years, and I remember the latter fondly simply because one of my brothers loved it.*

Here are Jack Webb and Morgan doing a turn in their Dragnet characters on what is supposedly a 1974 Jack Benny Special (Morgan reported has the 'stash because he was working on Gunsmoke at the time).


*Back in those days, we only had one television set in the house and ::gasp!:: the five of us kids had to agree on what to watch. I suppose it was fortunate that there only three channels, as the paltry selection surely minimized the disagreements.

No comments: