Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Week That Was

What can I tell you, internet? It's been a hell of a week.

Last Sunday, my brother- and sister-in-law drove down from Ohio to help us move my mother-in-law from her apartment into a nursing home. But the mother-in-law had other ideas. On Monday evening, she got us assembled, she said her goodbyes, and then, on Tuesday, she promptly died. No one (except maybe her) expected that she'd be gone so quickly.

But I have to give her a lot of credit -- she went out on her own terms and even managed to have both her boys there with her (and with each other) when she died. I'm grateful to have had so much of the family here all week long.

Our plans for moving morphed into estate planning and the week was very busy. And then, crazily enough, G-Dog and Emmie decided to go ahead and keep an appointment they had made to go skydiving together on Friday afternoon. And insane as it may seem, I think it may have been a brilliant way to cap off what was an incredible week.

Here are the videos, from the ground and up in the air (sorry about the squeaky tripod in the first vid!)...



2 comments:

Keera Ann Fox said...

I was thinking good thing G-Dog cut his hair (and he looks real good, BTW), but Emmie made up for it. :-D Those sky-diving instructors must get a mouthful. (BTW, you know you may as well stop using those nicks now, right? ;-) )

And you, dear photographer Alice, are a riot! While you angled the video camera away from any action, we viewers got to hear your still camera clicking. ROTFLOL!

Anyway, it looks like a good time was had by all! You have brave family. :-)

alice said...

Thanks for the kind words, Keera. I thought about the nick issue before I posted, but then I realized that any astute reader, if determined and willing to do a bit of research, could suss out that information anyway. At this point, I continue using the nicks for google's benefit -- as long as someone searching on Emmie's real name doesn't get this blog in the top results, I'm good. And since neither her first nor last name is mentioned anywhere in these parts, I think we're safe.