Saturday, January 3, 2015

Kitchen Intuition: Food in the new year

2015 has begun. If you have any resolutions for the new year, then the food you eat is likely to be a consideration in some way. As I looked over a list of the top New Year's resolutions for 2015, I realized that most people can achieve at least half of them by cooking more food than they do now.
The No. 1 resolution is losing weight, and I can personally attest to the fact that taking control of the food you eat is the easiest and most effective way of shaving off pounds and keeping them off. Like most Americans, I tried getting into shape in various ways during most of my adult life but never got lasting results until I cut back on food that was prepared by strangers (like frozen entrées and convenience foods), and started buying ingredients and cooking for myself.

No comments: