Saturday, September 12, 2015

Kitchen Intuition: Sauce



Please be patient with me this week, as I’m going out of my comfort zone and tackling a topic that I maybe won't ever feel qualified to discuss: sauce. I’m not going to be able to do it all in one column, but I hope this will serve to define the matter a bit.

You wouldn’t think that it would be so hard to write about such a simple thing as sauce, but I’ve tried a number of times in the year I’ve been writing this column, and over and over again, I’ve become overwhelmed by the subject. And I don’t think I’m the only one. It’s easy enough to follow a recipe to make a specific sauce (I’ve written about vinaigrette, mayonnaise,pesto, pad thai, curry and peanut sauce), but it’s a bit harder to deal with the idea of sauces as a group.

No comments: