Saturday, November 28, 2015

Kitchen Intuition: Reduction sauce



I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and that you’re enjoying the leftovers! Now that Thanksgiving is over, I want to get back to sauces, and this is one that could end up being quite handy for other special meals throughout the season. It’s a reduction sauce, and it comes with a story.

In the spirit of the season, there are two things I am very thankful for that are relevant to a reduction sauce. One is this column, because I’ve gotten to explore some topics that I might not have visited on my own, and I’ve also had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with readers that I might never have met if I weren’t writing. I appreciate your comments and emails so very much. The second thing is my neighborhood in downtown Chattanooga. I’ve lived in many places, but my nine years in Highland Park have been unique in that I’ve not only gotten to know my immediate neighbors, but also people down the street and around the corner and all the way on the other side of the neighborhood. It’s a friendly place, and people get out and mix with each other more than any other place I’ve ever lived.

No comments: