Monday, December 20, 2004

Damn -- it's cold.

Emmie and I went out and frolicked for a bit this afternoon while the temp stayed below freezing all day and DAMN! It's COLD! My skin's dried out and the tips of my fingers are cracking and I don't understand how I survived the first 18 years in my life in the Land of the 6-month winter. Don't get me wrong -- Western New York is a beautiful place with four breathtaking seasons and all sorts of things to see, do and enjoy. I just wonder when I became such a wuss about the cold...

While I may wimper when the temperature drops, I do miss the snow. I brought my cross country skis with me when I moved to the south, and I've been able to use them once -- during a blizzard when we were living in Chapel Hill (NC).

Since I'm feeling lazy, I got today's picture from Western New York's D&C. It's a photo of people snowtubing down a hill in Batavia. Snow that's tube-worthy is a rare thing here in Chattanooga.

No comments: