Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Tuesday Night

I had a meeting downtown last night and caught a glimpse of an incredible sunset as I crossed the Market Street Bridge. I took a whole series of shots and they are all so different, I couldn't decide which one to share. Finally, Emmie came to the rescue and fingered this one with an air of authority, so here ya go...

4 comments:

beck said...

Nice photo. I stood in the parking lot of Winn-Dixie for a while watching the orange clouds roll over the point of Lookout Mtn. It was really amazing.

smijer said...

Oh, nice... I was driving home during the twilight hour, and saw darker clouds peaking over Raccoon mountain, looking like hulking giants, lifting up their arms to the sky. I wish I had photos of last week's sun-lit rain and lighting storm, followed by the full 180 degree arc rainbow... I was watching it from the AmSouth parking lot, but I can't remember what day it was, or why I was there.

alice said...

Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)



smijer, fletch got some photos of that storm last week and put them up here: http://www.nodirectionhome.net/archives/2005/04/riding_the_stor_2.html



I was on the North Shore at the time and got a few shots of the rainbow, but they didn't do it justice...

smijer said...

You can't photograph a sky like that. The lightning was what really made it. The last picture, over the aquarium, comes as close as a camera lens will ever get. I forget to keep an eye on Fletch. He was my favorite when he was at Smoky Mountain Journal, but I lost track when he moved away to Austin. I've got to get back in the habit of checking no direction home.