Saturday, April 16, 2005

Wisteria

I got out of the house early today to do some plant shopping with my friend, Heather. We went to the Crabtree Farms spring plant sale and then to the Barn Nursery and I ended up with all sorts of herbs, flowers and veggies. Heather's got a deck covered by a trellis in her backyard and at the moment it is awash in a thick cascade of wisteria. It is breathtaking to behold in more ways than one -- just as the beautiful blossoms please the eye, a sweet scent is filling that corner of the neighborhood.

UPDATE: There's more wisteria over on Sugarfused!

2 comments:

Bailes said...

Ah, how heavily beauty weighs. As you know, wisteria is called "invasive" and must be controlled as it pulls down great trees by growing tangled vines and by weighing down with flowers. But what beauty!

deb said...

Very pretty! I photographed wisteria yesterday that is growing like kudzu not far from my house. It is indeed beautiful this year!