Friday, April 15, 2005

Friday Creature

I hear we're short on bees lately, and farmers (especially the organic variety) are worried about how their crops are going to propagate. Yesterday at the cemetery, there didn't seem to be any shortage of bees and they all seemed to be obsessed with pollen. Here's one of 'em.

This is my second bug in as many weeks. Does that represent a trend? Nah... it's just the season at work. It's been months since I've seen any bugs, so they're catching my attention.

The weatherpeople are claiming that it'll be another beautiful weekend here in Chattanooga. I'm planning on a busy weekend, full of events and obligations, but hopefully I'll get to play outside some. Enjoy, and don't forget to check out the Friday ark!

UPDATE: Bonus bee! This is another photo from yesterday. I went back to the cemetery today. It is breathtakingly beautiful out there and between the wisteria, lilacs and who knows what else, it smells wonderful as well. I haven't even looked at the pictures I took today because I was distracted by yesterday's images when I opened up iPhoto...

1 comment:

lobbygow said...

Nice. It's early in the season, so I'll bet she's a queen. I tried to get a close-up of one here.