The birds have been really busy this week. As the first blossoms are starting appear in the trees and the crocuses and daffodils make an early appearance in the gardens, the birds outside my window have markedly stepped up their activities. In the past few days, I've seen lots of birds dragging around sticks and twigs, and I've seen lots of birds -- at one point, the neighborhood was invaded by the biggest flock of grackles I've ever seen (plus, I spotted our pileated woodpecker again). Things are definitely in transition out there, and while the birds get their homes in order, I thought I'd share another photo of the featured occupant of our home. You've seen her before, and yes, she really is as soft as she looks. With her hair cut short, her coat is like a luxurious velour.
Well, I'm out of here -- headed up to Fall Creek Falls for the weekend. As always, there are more creatures on the Friday Ark. Have a great weekend!
Well, I'm out of here -- headed up to Fall Creek Falls for the weekend. As always, there are more creatures on the Friday Ark. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:
The grackles and starlings have been like clouds, blotting out the Sun. I find it interesting that while one can usually define a majority species in one of these blackbird flocks, they tend to include others in noticeable number. A group of starlings that came through my neighborhood the other morning contained many grackles as well, and I saw a cowbird hanging out with them.
Post a Comment