Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Joementum strikes again

Joe Lieberman sure is a piece of work. In his world, for a woman to go through the trauma of rape isn't enough. Joe would have that woman follow her attack with a drive around Connecticut's countryside, shopping for a hospital that will dispense emergency contraception:

Lieberman said he believes hospitals that refuse to give contraceptives to rape victims for "principled reasons" shouldn't be forced to do so.

"In Connecticut, it shouldn't take more than a short ride to get to another hospital," he said.

Well Joe, that's not very helpful. I mean, I know that you'll never need emergency contraception at two o'clock in the morning after having been brutally raped. So I guess it's easy for you to disregard any woman who is unlucky enough to have gone through that trauma.

Ned Lamont for US Senate!

2 comments:

Jamison said...

Did you see that this caused NOW to decide to give the primary endorsement of Ned Lamont? I'm glad to see these women's organizations finally standing up to horrible politicians that are working against them. Read more over at Daily Kos.

alice said...

Yes! And I agree that it's about time! Women have been letting their needs be shoved into a secondary position for way too long.