It's been a rough day here. The blog was down from last night until just a few minutes ago, and a big storm took out the power here three times this evening. All the plans I had to put up some pictures have been foiled for now, but I did spend some time looking into blogging software (if anyone has any suggestions, please share!). I'm thinking about switching over to blogger if I can manage to find the time I'll need to deal with the hassle...
8 comments:
If you're going to switch to another free blogging service, don't do Blogger. It's fine, don't get me wrong, but Wordpress.com is much more full featured than Blogger.
You may want to look into Movable Type at sixapart.com. I've noticed that some multi-featured blogs use it.
I use MovableType. It allows for unlimited formatting using templates, but it does take some time to get installed correctly. I've installed it about a dozen times so can help out if you go that direction.
Welcome home!
Chattablogs uses MT and I like it, but I don't really have time to manage software at the moment. I used to run my own blog (using pivot) and moving to Chattablogs was a relief -- I didn't realize how much time I was spending on it until I stopped. Blogger offers the option to run their software via FTP on my own server without having to install it, which is why I'm giving it consideration. Wordpress looks good, but I'd have to either let them host it or do the install, whereas blogger offers that attractive in between option.
Alice,
Wordpress offers the options. The earlier post was right about a bigger feature set. Both will let you post without a rebuild. Very easy to manage.
best regards
I don't have anything to add re: blogging (Blogger works for me), but I just have to say that every time I read the heading to this post, I read "outrages" instead of "outages".
guess who's outraged?
In case you need more convincing, Wordpress just got a mention on the Norwegian Mac newsgroup, as "the best blogging engine".
I can't find where WP will let me run their software from their server from mine. Blogger has the feature, but if Wordpress also does, I don't see it....
Post a Comment