Saturday, June 3, 2006

Naschmarkt


After being frustrated by hitting sites in Vienna at the wrong time of day for optimal light, I was finally rewarded on the afternoon we wandered through the Naschmarkt!

What a beautiful market with a staggering variety of food! If I ever get to move to Vienna, I'll have to live nearby so I can shop at the market every day.

(Looking at these pictures of food reminded me that it's been a while since I've checked in with Traveler's Lunchbox, and I was delighted to discover that Melissa has returned to posting after a short, thesis-related hiatus! Hrmmm.... Chickpea Chaat....)









2 comments:

sravana said...

Great. Now I'm hungry - and I just finished breakfast!



Seriously, LOVELY pics.

alice said...

I still can't get over the size of those shrimps in the bottom photo. Of course, at today's exchange rate, that price comes out to (I think) over $16.50 a pound, but hell -- just two or three would make a meal...



Now I'm hungry. :-/



Thanks for the kind words!