I'm still packing, which is a nice change from the intensity of those last days before our local election. All I've done for three days now is put furniture and boxes into the really big box that's sitting out in the driveway. It's physically tiring, and it requires little thought beyond the usual puzzle-solving skills called upon when packing items so that they won't shift. I'm enjoying it.
But I'm still keeping an eye on the run up to the November election because I know in another week or two, it will all be consuming me again. And who knows what's going to happen? Perhaps Tuesday will give us a clue (via truthout)...
But I'm still keeping an eye on the run up to the November election because I know in another week or two, it will all be consuming me again. And who knows what's going to happen? Perhaps Tuesday will give us a clue (via truthout)...
An upset by Lamont would affect the political calculations of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.), who like Lieberman supported giving Bush authority to wage the Iraq war, and could excite interest in a comeback by former vice president Al Gore, who warned in 2002 that the war could be a grave strategic error. For at least the next year, any Democrat hoping to play on the 2008 stage would need to reckon with the implications of Lieberman's repudiation.
No comments:
Post a Comment