Monday, September 21, 2009

I now have lakefront property

I snapped this picture of my back yard yesterday evening. It's been raining steadily since then.

8 comments:

Keera said...

You've been holding out on us! You have a pool!!!

june said...

I just saw the news...didn't realize until then the rains down your way had caused such damage. Hope your house is OK...

Sloms said...

is your drought officially over?

Pam said...

Omg this looks like some serious water...I hope you get no water damage. And figure out a way to sell the water to California. We need it!

alice said...

Keera, you bring the ponies, I'll engage the firemen and I think we got a pool party! ;-)



June, yes the house is ok. No water in the basement (just a bit of dampness, amazingly!) -- so far anyway...



Sloms, I think this pretty much puts an end to the drought talk -- for this year, at least. I wish we could get the rain to spread out a bit, though. We need to stop with these great deluges (which are just runoff after a certain point), separated by weeks -- or months -- of no rain! :-P



Pam, California will have to get in line behind Georgia, which is currently in the courts trying to move the border between Tennessee and Georgia (no kidding!), so that they might get their hands on water from the Tennessee River! (Atlanta urban planners have not really been doing their jobs in ...well, forever...)

A Free Man said...

Fetch your canoe!

Buck said...

yeah. Call Atlanta today and ask them if they need any water ;-)

alice said...

Haha! Well, maybe they don't at the moment, but wait until after everyone washes their cars!



And Free Man, I wish I had thought of that! It would have made a great photo to have put someone in a boat out there in my pond!