Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yay! It's autumn!

My favorite time of year! Cooler temps, a fresh slate (if you're on an academic calendar), pristine school supplies, new hope in the football season, nesting at home and cooking yummy stews and soups!

4 comments:

Keera said...

Well, I like the candle-lighting part. The rest not so much. It's cooler and rainier and darker. But the trees are starting to look pretty. That's something.

fletch said...

I just bought my first crockpot for the yummy stew and soup thing. It's still 90 every day down here tho; hard to get into that autumn state of mind.

A Free Man said...

I do love autumn, but I'm pretty happy about going in to spring here. I need some of that Australian sunshine.

alice said...

Keera, I'm not sure how I would feel about it if autumn meant such a dramatic loss of light. I think I would turn to candles more -- or fire in general (I like fireplaces, too!).



Fletch, it hasn't been so easy here so far, either. The AC hasn't gone off yet, but we're hoping for cooler temps soon! We keep the crock pot going even through the summer, though... it beats the hell out of turning on the oven!! You want my recipe for a crock pot sweet and sour recipe (well, it's not mine, but it's the one I use)? Very low in fat, very high in protein, and vegan!!



Free Man, you would not believe how much I'm looking forward to some more pictures from the Aussie beaches! I've missed them through the long Oz winter! And I realize that notmax will complicate matters, but maybe while the good Dr is still on leave, you two men will be able to break away (with the dog, of course!) for a few days of carefree fun sprinkled within your summer of acclimation to the new world order...