Saturday, February 14, 2015

Kitchen Intuition: Roasted cabbage


Do you think you can take one more column about cabbage? It is one heck of a cold season crop. My farmer keeps producing massive heads, and I continue coming up with delicious ways of cooking them when they show up in my CSA share with incredible frequency, all winter long.
What? A farm share pickup in the middle of winter, you ask? Yes, indeed. There are a few farms in the area that offer shares, on and off, year-round. I’m currently getting vast amounts of powerhouse greens every Wednesday from Tant Hill Farm at the Main Street Farmers Market. This past week, I got chard, carrots, kale, pak choi and a cabbage that was the size of a small child. (Well, maybe not quite that big, but there sure was a lot of it!)

No comments: