Thursday, March 9, 2006

Hart, O'Reilly and Harris

Oh, what a busy week! It's really been nuts -- a series of days when before I finish one thing, the phone starts ringing, demanding I move on to the next thing. I've been working on an extended post, but can't seem to finish it, so while I listen to the umpteenth talking head on the 24-hour news call Bush a lame duck because of the spectacular implosion of the Dubai ports deal, here're a few entertaining tidbits:

Having the crazies over in Rhea County making national headlines for stupid attempts to legislate ignorance and hate hasn't been enough, so now we've got this guy helping to reinforce the negative intolerant redneck stereotype in Tennessee. Appropriately, James Hart (don't miss the audio link on that page!) belongs to the party of Trent Lott, and if the Republicans in this state send him to Congress this time (he's run before) he will, presumably, save America for all the white people.

In the meantime, O'Reilly has gone off his meds... and not in a good way. Somebody slip some tranquilizers into the falafel!

And finally, What the hell is going on with the Harris campaign now? On? Off? Who the hell knows?

10Mar update: Katherine's got Joementum! lol!

1 comment:

fletch said...

At least Hart is one Republican who is not afraid to be open about his true beliefs. I think I'll send this link to John at Americablog. He should enjoy this.